The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) invites waste industry professionals to its 14th Annual Landfill Symposium and Planning & Management Conference, to be held at the Savannah Riverfront Marriott in Savannah, Georgia, June 1-3, 2009. This Symposium is the world’s premier forum on landfill management and I would like to share with you a few highlights that make this year’s event one that you don’t want to miss.
- We’re very pleased to have Christopher P. St. Lawrence, Chairman of the Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority, as our Keynote Speaker. His presentation, “An Integrated Solid Waste Management Success Story”, will bring a unique perspective to this year’s event.
- Sixteen technical sessions with 40 industry-leading professionals sharing their knowledge and experiences. SWANA’s Landfill Management and Planning & Management Divisions have put together a cutting-edge program covering topics such as Regional Solid Waste Management, Landfill Design and Liner Innovation, Landfill Gas Operation & Management, Operational Case Studies and more.
- The facility tour will visit Waste Management’s Superior Landfill and Republic Services’ Savannah Industrial Landfill. Visit the 90 acre Superior Landfill, a state of the art Subtitle D facility which generates 6.4 megawatts of electricity. Also visit Republic’s Savannah Industrial Landfill, a 101 acre facility which accepts 750 tons of non-hazardous waste per day.
- Ethics Issues for Local Governments Workshop. The public expects high ethical standards from elected officials, as well as from rank and file government workers. This interactive, role-playing session will encourage attendees to earnestly participate and to identify viewpoints, approaches and analytical methods for handling vague, ambiguous or potentially compromising ethical situations with contractors, vendors, co-workers and the public.
- Opportunity to network with today’s top solid waste professionals.
- Visit the top service providers and view the latest industry products and services at the trade show.
You can register online at www.juneconference.swana.org and reserve your hotel room by calling the Savannah Riverfront Marriot at 1-800-285-0398. If you have any questions about the event, contact SWANA at 301-585-2898.