Solid Waste & Recycling

News

B.C.-based company turns trash into cash

Vancouver, B.C.-based 1-800-GOT-JUNK? collects anything that municipal waste management services and organizations...


Vancouver, B.C.-based 1-800-GOT-JUNK? collects anything that municipal waste management services and organizations like the Salvation Army won’t take. Approximately 60 per cent of the items are recycled or donated to local charities; the other 40 per cent is disposed to landfills or transfer stations.

Founder and CEO Brian Scudamore started the company 14 years ago, when he left high school and was unable to find work. He used an old truck and about $700 to start the business and now he projects $12-million in revenue for 2002. The company has 36 franchises, 59 trucks and over 250 employees in Canada and the U.S. and plans to add 100 franchises by the end of 2003.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*