The Solid Waste Association of North America’s (SWANA) Applied Research Foundation (ARF) recently released five new research reports from 2008:
• Curbside Collection of Residential Food Waste
• Benchmarking of Solid Waste Collection Services: FY 2008
• Waste-to-Energy and the Solid Waste Management Hierarchy
• Benchmarking the Performance and Costs of MSW Landfills
• Long Term Environmental Risks of Subtitle D Landfills
“The publication of these timely reports is made possible by the support and involvement of the 34 member organizations of the SWANA Applied Research Foundation. The solid waste managers who represent these organizations are experienced, knowledgeable and visionary leaders who identified the research topics, guided the research and reviewed these reports prior to their publication,” said Jeremy O’Brien, P. E., Director of Applied Research.
Four of the five reports are currently available for purchase atwww.SWANAstore.com.The research memorandum on the Curbside Collection of Residential Food Waste is available free of charge to SWANA members atwww.swana.org