ORANGEVILLE, Ontario – The Recycling Council of Ontario has rebranded itself as the Circular Innovation Council.
In a release the council noted that its mission will largely remain the same: eliminate waste.
Objectives continue to be championing effective waste policy, and designing programs, pilots, and resources. The Circular Innovation Council will use its “history and institutional knowledge in recycling, and use that as a starting point to ignite and foster innovation through collaboration that will advance the circular economy, and stay true to our roots and original mission to eliminate waste,” the statement said.
At the same time the council elected its board of directors for the next year. Its members are:
- Peter Veiga, Board Chair; Acting Manager, Waste Management Operations, Regional Municipality of Durham
- Gordon Day, Vice Chair; Vice President, Ryse Solutions
- Kevin Bechard, Secretary; Senior Associate, Weston Consulting
- Paulina Leung, Director; Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, Emterra Group
- Joe Hruska, Director; Vice President, Sustainability, Canadian Plastics Industry Association
- Andrew McLachlin, Director; Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary,BGIS Global Integrated Solutions
- Charlotte Ueta, Director; Project Director, Business Transformation, Solid Waste Management Services, City of Toronto
- Erica Gale, Director; Vice President, Marketing and Sustainability, Bento Sushi
- Giles LeVasseur, Director; Professor, University of Ottawa
- Isabelle Faucher, Director; Managing Director, Carton Council Canada
- Ryan Dyment, Director; Director of Finance and Administration, EcoSchools Canada