The Coast Waste Management Association (CWMA) is seeking an energetic and engaged Executive Director to lead the organization.
Based on Vancouver Island, an area known for its outstanding natural beauty and recreation opportunities, the CWMA fosters environmental leadership and best practices by providing a forum for discussion, education and networking. With more than 160 members, CWMA is dedicated to improving waste and environmental management in coastal communities and across BC.
As the face of CWMA, you are a professional with a passion for the environment, waste management, and community engagement. You bring excellent communication and organizational skills, and experience in relationship building and working with community partners. You are a successful self-starter with a demonstrated interest in strategic development.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Strategic Planning for the organization, including providing input on strategic direction, strategies for member retention and growth, and identifying funding opportunities.
- Event planning and organization, including the annual CWMA Conference as well as two to three luncheon events per year.
- Communication including development and implementation of a social media strategy and preparation of a weekly member newsletter, website and social media updates.
- Administration including chairing a conference planning committee, organizing Board of Directors meetings and the Annual General Meeting, records maintenance, managing correspondence and soliciting member feedback.
- Financial management including preparation of an annual operating budget, quarterly assurance reports and financial statements.
- Performance of other related duties as required.
Desirable qualifications include a strong background in communications and event planning and promotion, social media marketing, waste and resource management, or environmental sustainability, and experience in non-profit management. A certificate in non-profit management is an asset but is not required.
The successful applicant will possess a Class 5 Driver’s Licence and will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
The CWMA does not possess a physical office, meaning that the candidate will work from home or have access to an alternate workspace. Office expenses for CWMA will be paid by the organization.
Position Status: The successful applicant will be retained as a contractor.
Hours of Work: Hours of work are subject to the candidate’s discretion provided that all aspects of the job description and work plan are carried out to the Board’s satisfaction. Generally, it is anticipated that the position will require between 10 and 35 hours of work per work. See the sample job description and work plan attached for more information.
Rate of Pay: Rate of pay is subject to negotiation with the successful applicant.
Closing Date: 11:59 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2019
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF copies are preferred.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.