The 2014 SWANA Canadian Waste Resource Symposium presents “Resourceful Solutions from Sea to Sea” on April 2, 3 and 4, 2014 at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel in downtown Richmond, British Columbia.
The symposium, held in rotation every two years by the five Canadian SWANA chapters, primarily draws attendees from all across Canada, as well as key sectors of the U.S.
Some of the sessions at the 2014 event include:
- Landfill closings (case studies)
- Organics collection
- Transfer and infrastructure changes
- Recycling on the ground floor
- Waste management planning
- Landfill gas management
- Conversion technologies
- Disposal Ban regulations
The Solid Waste Association of North America – Pacific Chapter – British Columbia and Yukon – is the second largest in Canada with over 220 members. This symposium, held in rotation every two years by the five Canadian SWANA chapters, will primarily draw attendees from all across Canada as well as key sectors of the United States. We are the leading professional association in the solid waste field. Our association serves municipal solid waste professionals throughout North America with conferences, certifications, publications, and technical training courses.
We can’t think of a better time to be part of a dynamic industry in transition!We invite you to join us as a partner, sponsor, exhibitor, or delegate.
As a delegate you will be able to share experience, network and learn with:
- 275+ delegates primarily from across Canada.
- 60% public sector/40% private sector.
- 50% from BC and Yukon.
- 45% from the other 4 SWANA chapters across Canada.
- 5% from the US.
Some delegates will be starting the Symposium early with Training in SWANA Certification Courses at the start of the week. Things they and all delegates will do at the symposium:
- Visit over 35 booths in the 8000 sq. ft. trade show area.
- Enjoy fabulous meals in the trade show area.
- Attend many of the over 40 technical presentations & tours.
- Network with delegates & vendors at social events, meals and breaks.