SWANA’s Northern Lights Chapter and the Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council hosted a successful joint conference from May 7 – 9, 2014, in Regina, Saskatchewan.
About 250 delegates and 35 exhibitors came from across Canada and the U.S.
“SWANA was thrilled to be in Saskatchewan again and very happy with the extended learning opportunities that the partnership with SWRC provided to both of our members,” said Sheri Praski, SWANA Northern Light’s Executive Director, adding a special thank you to all delegates for their time and participation.
Some of the topics covered included:
- Solving the “people puzzle”
- Options for organic materials
- Hard-to-handle materials
- Biology – solving waste management puzzles using biological systems
- GHGs – measurement, reduction strategies
- Trends in waste composition; packaging/product trends
- Business waste reduction
Joanne Fedyk SWRC’s Executive Director says, “We’re really happy with how the conference turned out. Our organizations have similar objectives and we were able to highlight these, while exposing our members to new viewpoints at the same time.”