The RCA is seeking nominations for its 2016 Rs of Excellence Awards.
If you know a person, program, or organization that has made an outstanding contribution towards waste reduction, please let us know.
Application is simple:
Use our online form to submit a nomination. Describe the goals, results, and accomplishments that were achieved resulting in waste reduction excellence. Consider the following criteria:
- Waste Reduction impacts
- What are the quantifiable waste reductions?
- How were the 3Rs incorporated?
- Innovation and progressiveness
- How did this nominee / project raise the bar?
- How is the nominee inspiring?
- Was there collaboration?
- History and track record
- What did things look like before this change?
- Did it create long-term change, or was it a one-time event?
- Overall environmental commitment
- What are the other environmental benefits (e.g., greenhouse gas reductions, behaviour change, etc.)
- Suggested award category (past categories include Institutional Leadership, Product Stewardship, Waste Reduction Service, Corporate Leadership, Zero Waste, Special Event, Municipal Program)
Please include contact information for the nominee as well as yourself. We require at least two letters of support for each nomination. We also appreciate receiving a few photos of the project or organization being nominated. Electronic submission of all materials is preferred.
Nomination deadline: August 7, 2016
Awards will be presented at the RCA's Waste Reduction Conference “League of Extraordinary Recyclers - Knocking out Waste”, which will be held September 28-30, 2016 at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.