The Recycling Councils of Alberta and British Columbia, in partnership with Northern Environmental Action Team, are pleased to announce a regional waste reduction workshop to be held in Dawson Creek, B.C., on October 27, 2016, at the Kiwanis Performing Arts Centre.
RCA, RCBC, and NEAT will be working together to deliver a workshop of interest to residents of the Peace Country and beyond. Topics will include C&D waste, ag plastics, organics diversion, illegal dumping, and provincial updates, in addition to local municipal updates.
Join your colleagues for this informative day of waste reduction discussions.
$100/person - RCA / RCBC members
$125/person - potential members
10:00 am: Agricultural Plastics
- Anne Auriat (West Yellowhead Recycles)
- Processor - TBA
10:45 am: Organics Diversion
- Karen Mason-Bennett (NEAT)
- Logistics of organics collection and processing - TBA
11:30 am: Provincial update
- Alan Langdon (Managing Director, MMBC)
- The view from the government - MOE
12:15 pm: Lunch / Networking
1:00 pm: C&D Waste
1:30 pm: Illegal Dumping
2:00 pm: Municipal Updates
- Grande Prairie (Amy Horne and Michelle Gairdner)
- Peace River Regional District - TBA
3:00 pm: Workshop ends
For more information and to register, please visit http://peacecountryworkshop.eventbrite.ca