The Compost Council of Canada is now accepting submissions for papers to be highlighted at its 23rd National Compost Conference in Toronto from September 11 to 13, 2013.
The annual conference provides a national forum for learning and networking for people engaged in organics recycling and compost marketing and utilization.
In Montreal 2012, the conference featured experts such as Frank Zeman of Kinston’s Royal Military College on refining CO2 from the compost process for methanol production; Ron Alexander of Alexander Associates Inc. on the risks Inherent with major technology solutions in organics management; and Steven Sell of Biorem on combining anaerobic digestion and composting operations.
Participants include representatives from all levels of government (particularly with interests in environment, agriculture, and economic development), industry (organic waste generators, compost system manufacturers and designers, facility operators, consultants and others) and academia.
2013 PAPERS ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS ARE ENCOURAGED:
- Compost Marketing Strategies
- Biosolids Composting
- Compost Technology Developments
- Analytical and Applied Composting Research
- Best Operational Practices Composting Program Implementation
- Education and Communication Strategies
- Organic Residuals Strategies for the Business of Organic Residuals
- Communities, Agriculture, and Business
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Organics Recycling Regulations and Standards
- New Product Developments
The council notes that other topics may also be considered. Ensure to include a one-page abstract and short biography with each paper’s submission (by mail, fax, or email) to:
The Compost Council of Canada
16 Northumberland St.
Toronto, ON M6H 1P7
Phone: (877) 571-4769(GROW) - Fax: (416) 536-9892
Deadline: April 5, 2013